Saturday, February 26, 2005

My Current World

Well guys... its been a while. With all the reality and fantasy all mixed up for quite some time, so now i shall bring you all back to just plain reality, my world, my reality.

My world as in what's happening nowadays. Been rushing my FYP report like there's no tomorrow. No, a little correction to that. I SHOULD be rushing my report like no tomorrow, but here I am, typing an entry for people who might (scarcely I'm sure) missed me and my posts.

Next saturday is my first draft dateline. I'm still wondering how I should be writing it in such a way that makes me look knowledgable. Or at least make it sound like I had been doing work for my one year, one final year. Or at the very very least, make it sound like I know what I have been doing. So here I am, reading more reports from other people, modifying their past work. Also in the agenda, is reading technical papers, submitted papers, journals (technical ones, not people's life stories), more papers... etc etc.

And I just realised my FYP supervisor is pretty one sided in the way he thinks. Whatever he felt is correct, is correct. That is after I read the most recent paper that he wrote, in which I am a co-author. Yesh that's right! You've read correctly! I am a technical paper submitted for INFOS co-author! Well... that don't make me much of a techie anyway. I just did a lot of experiments for the paper. And what was initially agreed upon when the first raw data came out, was all thrown out of the window during our very last meeting. I was wondering why...

I got my answer, after reading the paper. That's because my supervisor had written it in another manner. And I wonder why... well, we don't have cross section pictures to prove whatever we had believed in, so well... I just have to make things work.

That's about it for reality in words. Now some reality in picture. Pictures of my world. That means, my room.

First, lets see the place where I study. I used the table that my parents use for placing offerings during all those monthly rites. Yesh... maybe that's why I am 'blessed' and 'lucky' when it comes to exams huh? Let's hope it works for at least one last time!



Neat and tidy! NOT! Spot the little fella at the other end? You don't? Of course not, because he isn't even in the picture. I missed him by a few inches.

He's my study supervisor! I call him................... 'Monkey'. Anti-climax, but you think I care?!


Monkey

For those who thinks I am a neat freak because I am a Virgo... think again. I have orlible evidences against myself. The reason why I don't study at a proper study desk is because...



It's too damn messy... Anyway, it's too small for me. It was bought since 1991, when I was in Primary 5 or something. It fitted well back then. Not anymore now. So it has more or less become a dumping ground. Of course, I periodically do some cleaning up, like once or twice in five year's time. Yupz, that's pretty frequent already. So don't complain. It's MY table!

And so after a hard day's work (of surfing net, reading match reports, surfing net, reading match reports, check email, reading blogs, check email again just in case, surf net, read some papers, wonder around the house, stare into blank space, read some lecture notes, entertain myself... etc etc), what I do is, SLEEP!

Don't start your sneerings at me... I know what you did last night! You slept as well, didn't you?! After all your 'hard work' right?!?!

Here's my precious rest area


Bed! With accessories...

Top left corner. That's the control switch, which I can control the vibration of a certain spot on my bed. Nay... I'm not really a Stephen Chow buff, so no, that isn't a whatever switch which I had claimed. It's just a sword... for chasing off evil spirits and creatures. And all wrapped up, covered with dust probably.

On the right of bed, is Mr Snoopy. What else you wanna know about Mr Snoopy? Its a little gray, but I washed him. So Snoopy supporters, don't come screwing me. I love him as much as you guys do.

A little more on the right top, that's Ah Gu. Yesh, Mr Cow. With a little towel hanging from his neck... oops... where's his neck in the first place? Sure sounds a little sadistic... anyway, I love Ah Gu as well, and the towel is to dry my specs when I wash them. Any other questions on Ah Gu?


So that's about it for now guys! Questions?