Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Never there

It has been quite eventful lately...

Yah, over the weeks I have been jogging. Why would that be consider under 'eventful'? Of course, people who know me well will know how much I hate to jog. It is almost like telling me to go jump off from 50 floors. Well... for the sake of my team, I got to get my fitness up and stamina back again. So far it had been pretty effective. I can actually feel the difference during the soccer match. So yah... good to jog, swim and do some exercise regularly everyone!


Then over the weekend, went for a drink. Had a strongbow together with the fish n chips over at father flanagan's at chjimes. I must say it has to be the worst combination in the world. After that, my tummy feel kinda weird and I couldn't take anymore drinks. Basically the night was wasted away over there. Navin went back early as his girlfriend was complaining. Ting went to chat with some of his friends and I was basically sitting alone watching portsmouth playing against I can't even remember which team. It was so damn boring... When hanacek came along, he was asking why I was alone. Next he proceeded to criticise the poor service at the pub. The week before the lady was better. When she cleared our empty cups, she would ask if we want any more drinks. But last weekend it was this guy. Very passive and don't smile at all. Didn't bother about our empty pints as well. Hanacek was hugely unimpressed. We left after watching the game. I almost fell asleep while chatting with Hanacek. It was that boring...


Sunday I had a soccer game. Played pretty alright I think. I haven't had a game for quite some time since... mmmm... quite some time. Somehow I got a feeling my brain is failing me already... But the game was pretty good. It was a simple game although we conceded two goals. I won't really say they were my fault, and we won the game after all... so well, didn't really matter in the end does it? Important thing is I had fun at the game. But I picked up a back injury that day. Initially it felt quite painful... actually I still ain't sure what is the extent, but now it feels like a bruise. So hope it isn't too bad and won't affect much of my walking or have any permanent damage to the back...


The stuff that messed up again is my work. After changing of boss, now he want me to move to another shift, another fab. I ain't really keen on doing that actually. I prefer to stay in my fab and more critically, my current shift. I like the people in my shift and we share a lot of stuff in common. So... mmm... think I would tell my boss as soon as possible about how I felt. One thing he told me that day was that I had a good reputation in the company so far, which also puzzled him.


After I heard that, I am really thankful to Hafiq(It has to be him who has been 'advertising' me). I knew he has a lot of faith in me and wanted to groom me in a sense. Now I am a bit disappointed that he had left for another department. Not just in my own personal issue. Hafiq is a good boss, guide and mentor. He is genuinely interested in the fab issues, and constantly wants to be updated on the statuses. I respect him a lot for that and I put in a lot more effort in my work, a major influence being him as the boss.


And with him as my boss, I'm sure I have more chance to shine. Even when the management had not seen me before, they already know me. I myself am quite puzzled at times too. That shows how much weight Hafiq's words are worth... but too bad ar.. now I suppose I have to work hard on my own self and excel/shine.


I had wanted to find someone to talk about this, but that person is never there. Oh well... never mind actually. It just gives me a few more insight to how the situation is currently.


Yea... so yah that's about it for now. gotta go sleep, tmr meeting hanren early at bugis...

seeya guys!