Monday, August 22, 2005

Riding the waves, up and down

Up and down, down and up... and it goes on and on...

What's the point of sending up to the highest clouds, only to send you back crashing to earth again?

What's the point of diving with me to the deepest ocean, only to cut my air supply when we are there?

Don't think too much... don't think too much... I don't want to be the one hurting you.

Can I?

Can I not?

No you can't...


Up and down, down and up.


No one in the middle of the night.

No more sleepy day after another 3 hours sleep.

No more chasing people off to bed.

No more 'Don't sleep!'

No more scary phonecalls.

No more...


Up and down, down and up.


Do you want to scold me one last time?

Do you want someone to be standing in the shadows waiting?

Do you know the time will be hell?

Do you know how much it really matters?

Do you know...


Down and up, up and down.


It won't be the same again when it is over.

It won't be as exciting when it is over.

It won't be so important for you anymore when it is over.

It won't be the air that you breathe when it is over.

It won't be...


Down and up, up and down.


I don't even know if we are standing on the same ground.

Am I on earth while you are in heaven?

Is the distance so far that we can't see each other?

But yet, it seems that we are so near...

Is it true, or is it just my imagination?

You said feelings are so divine, it tells the whole story.

I feel so much, it is not the picture I've seen...


A chance, an opportunity.


Give it to you and to me, and the rest of the world.

But will you?

Will I?


Give me one...