Tuesday, July 05, 2005

yes, yes, umm, umm...

That's what I have been saying mostly for the past 2 weeks at work. Starting my shift on thursday night, so tomorrow I'm off. That's why now got a bit of time to spend, typing here after another 10days?


I've been busy most of the time. It's really not as easy as it seems to be after all. Most say how stable my fab is. But well, equipments are old, production costs are high, parts are expensive... you get what I'm driving at. There are issues everyday. New, old, repeated, unexpected... everything under the sun basically. I'm trying my best to learn and contribute at the same time. My boss had been treating me very well and put in a lot of time and effort to train me. I can see that he has been sacrificing a lot of his time to spend time with me, making sure I am on the right path, and teaching me the important stuff that I need to know. Sometimes he's too fast, and I can't catch his words. He's a German, but converted to muslim already. Got married to a malay lady here. But he's still the great boss that I'm having. The issue is sometimes he strings his words together, so I catch only like 50-60% of what he's saying. So at times I just go Yes, Yes, Umm, Umm... But mostly I get what he is saying by piecing the words together.

Other then that, there are just 1000000000000000 and 1 stuff to learn... i've just learn a little bit of everything there is to learn there. It takes experience to know how things are going... and spot issues and nip them in the bud. I spend more time in the office to get things done and learn stuff. My boss is already thinking of giving me projects to do next week when we have our own mini department meeting. I can see at least 1 project, 1 DOE coming up. Maybe also a few recipes to come up with, and modify as well...


Well, that means work's coming up, and fun time too! If you like what you do, it's always fun. Improving how things work is always a satisfying issue. Completing tasks handed out is gratifying too. And to see your recipe works is definitely the best of the lot. There's plenty of places to find exciting stuff to do. But to fully enjoy the course of work, one thing is of critical importance. A good night's rest. I always seem to have bery poor sleep these days. So having a hard time concentrating at times. Initially when I just got up, I was really energetic because my sleeps were very good. So I was pretty sharp and absorb stuff really fast. But these days, pretty tired... maybe been using too much brain movement and staring too much of computer screen in the fab. Hmmm... maybe I should starve off computer also. Maybe make coming online a once per week issue. Well... will see about that...


Hmmm.... initially like there's plenty of stuff to write about... maybe some other time. So tired now...


See you all!