Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Its like a spoilt tape recorder..

Life these days is just like a spoilt tape recorder. I get sick, try to recover from it; do work, repetitive; play soccer, every Friday and Sunday; sleep, what sleep? I don’t even have time for it!

But one thing good, now sleeping at night is so easy. I just fall asleep… and never got interrupted. I cant even remember when’s the last time I slept at 2am and woke up uninterrupted at 930am. Its been a long time. Seems like FYP is even more tiring then the exams huh?

Of course… if you have to stay in the lab from 9am to 11pm, it sure IS tiring. That’s what I did yesterday. Now I’m in the lab again, doing the same thing again. Just like a spoilt tape recorder… it just repeat and repeat and repeat. And the SCVS is running, so I have some time to sneak out an entry right here inside my lab. Sure is a sad thing to be doing. Then again, it isn’t that bad as far as my FYP is concern, because the fact is I am beginning to get good results.

Seems like the change of focus of the project is a good thing after all.

Yesterday afternoon was a horrible affair as I didn’t realized there are pin connection problems. In the end, all the initial results are all screwed. Even though I got those funny graphs, I didn’t suspect a thing. to top it off, I asked another Phd student what he thought of the results, he just said its hard breakdown… ha… lucky I found out it wasn’t the case around after 6 rounds of testing. So basically my initial results are screwed. But so far the testings had been pretty good. Seems like I do have something good on my hands after all.

But to really do your FYP in this manner is really time consuming, and life consuming. After that 14 hours of FYP, I really feel like a zombie. Can you imagine the whole day is in the lab… and its going to be so for the next few weeks or so. Come to think of it, it is a good training for my possibly future career path in a wafer fab. Take it positively, like my APC and my FYP sup were telling me. There are always something to look forward to.

The bad thing about coming back to the lab is… everyone is falling like flies. Flies that had been sprayed by shieldtox, via a riot police water hose… someone is either having runny nose, sore throat or a fever. It’s a pestilence that wouldn’t go away in my lab! I got to keep myself warm and wrapped up. Always in this old army jacket of mine… almost the best in the world. I must be the most cold/heat intolerant person you’ve ever seen. Think the range is only about 24 to 32 degrees celcius. To think I went through army. Anyway… I’m popping vitamin C tabs like they are sweets. Actually not so, I bought those that you dissolve in water and drink type. 1 gram per tab. 4-5 hours 1 tab. Its been pretty good as an preventive measure so far. I think I’m going to get another 30 tabs later at the medical center. And the orange flavor one is the best so far. Don’t fall sick guys, go get yourselves a huge dose of vitamin C everyday too. And it also make sure you have a good complexion to boot.
Oh… ya… I think I’ve got to explain a bit on why I am called Luxy too. Many people asked me about it when they saw or heard it. I remembered when one of my friends called me that, his gal was giggling away. So… here it is. Luxy is changed from Lucy. Of course not that people are calling me Lucy just because I look like a ‘Lucy’. It’s the short form of another nick that my soccer chums call me. Luxy is from Lucio, the name my friends gave me. Lucio is some soccer player’s name. A defender once or still from leverkusen. So there you’ve got it. It all started from my keeper. He purposely and cheekily called me ‘luuucccyyy’ once. Then another called me that too. Mr Teddy Peh. So now it’s a good mix of lucios and luxys from them. You can call me that too, if you want to. It’s a nickname after all isn’t it?

Well…. I think this is enough for now. I’ll put up some photos later… maybe, if I have the time.