Wednesday, December 01, 2004

swept away... by food, work and sickness

Well well.... so what have I got to write these days? It’s not easy for someone on the sick bed to write something that's readable by human beings. I was wondering if I should blog in Chinese as well after a little discussion on that. But nope... I aint really in the proper state to try that feat at the moment. Can’t seem to get my hanyu pinyin together at the moment.

So what have I been up to these days huh? I had a game of soccer on Sunday, followed by the usual mahjong session with the guys. It ended around six, had my dinner and came back home to watch a DVD. Great show, just love it with all my heart. Following that I went for the Liverpool vs. arsenal game. It was delightful to see Liverpool working so hard and of course even more delighting to see Liverpool winning arsenal. The 2 players who are doing nothing scored. So it was quite a cracker.

Maybe because of those few days of overexertion, I am falling sick now. Ha... of course, before I fell sick, I had a lil trip down to JB again on Monday. Went to have lunch at sushi king down at city square. With jiarei, zhijie and hanren. The usual suspects.



This is my main course, eel with rice, egg pudding and a yakult. Yupz, yakult. Our dear hanren is saying, this yakult is not as sweet as the original type. To me, it’s still freaking sweet! Perhaps even sweeter than the original one. Anyway… its yakult so I don’t really care that much about how sweet it is. It’s supposed to be good because of the active bacteria, or so it claims. Next up, soft shell crab.



Now this soft shell crab is pretty good. I don’t really remember how much it cost us but it was ok generally. I had a quarter of a piece and I kinda like it. So if you are going to be dining over there, have a soft shell crab.

The charming fellas that went with me there is the next course… ermm... next 2 pictures.





First picture on the left is zhijie with jiarei on his right. No his left. The picture’s right. Hanren is sitting beside me in the next picture. I realized I blend in pretty well, because I am so dark… freakish isn’t it? I almost can’t see myself in that picture. Well you can see that I am so bored that I fell asleep. Ar… no, just that zhijie snapped the picture when I was blinking. Toto also not so jun.

And here’s one on my side view.



So we ate and ate and ate… hanren even dare to tell us, ‘no matter how you eat, you can’t get over Sing $20’. Bullshit! We managed to gobble down 230 ringgit worth of sushi and stuff. Here’s the evidence,



Scary isn’t it? Some more jiarei and zhijie are going for their marathon this weekend. Wonder how they gonna do that eh? Hahaha…. Fat shev running with flyhigh. That should be quite a sight.

So that’s about it for Monday. Tuesday wasn’t that good as I started to feel sick and lethargic. It started off with the dental clinic receptionist calling me in the morning. She sure has a harsh tone. Didn’t really like the way she talked to me but well, I wasn’t going to get upset over something that is so trivial.

The trip to the dentist is as unwelcome as ever. The dentist is going to drill a hole in one of my tooth, to fill it up with some funny white stuff. I never like the feeling of the drill on my teeth. Every time there is this disturbing feeling on the nerves. It just pricks the system if you get what I mean. if not, go see a dentist. I go back to the same dentist because he is very friendly. Always have a good conversation with him whenever I am there. Well, that is before my turn.

Talked about school, soccer, studies and my personal wellbeing. His assistant commented on my new hairstyle. Amazed that she remembered, or maybe it’s just one of those casual remarks. They also said I’ve grown so much thinner. I corrected that word, preferring ‘slimmer’. Hahaha… actually it makes no difference. So he asked me what happened. If it was the work of the FYP or schoolwork. Yea, everything contributed. And adding the other personal stuff in life that sums it all up. So he went on to tell me gals, plenty of them everywhere. And they won’t fall in love with you now. His assistant added a nice comment saying the cliché ‘a tall dark handsome guy like you can’t get gal friend meh?’ I just laughed it off. I know it’s just those mindless comments that come out from the mouth. Ha… but I enjoyed it. Not that it’s really the agenda topping my list now. I’m still thinking of how to get that scholarship for my M.Eng. If I don’t get my 2nd upper. Maybe I might just go back to tech and work as an engineer there after I graduate, if they still want me that am. Anyway, the dentist is saying how you must have $ to snag a gal these days. That, I’m not too sure about. I know $ is very important, but I also know $ isn’t everything. But of course, without $, you can’t survive. Period.

So after a while more of complaining how soccer leagues these days are all kelong and fixed, he went about his dirty business of drilling and washing my teeth. His assistant must be dreaming or something, because I keep having to swallow some liquid that accumulated close to the throat area. Well… can imagine that. But she has beautiful eyes. Very typical of those beautiful malay gals. She’s married, so you guys out there can forget about anything. I’m sure she must have been quite a smasher back some time. You know, malay ladies tend to puff up a bit after marriage. She’s a lil puffed up. But she still has a pair of beautiful eyes. I’ve always loved beautiful eyes…

After that, I had to grab some lozenges and vitamin C from the medical center below. Getting quite sick actually. Had a runny nose and a sore throat. The signs of flu. So I hammered the vitamin C and lozenges. Hoping that I will recover soon enough. If not I would still be in school doing my project at this moment. I had changed with cs on the time slots. But I’ll still be going down tomorrow evening. The only other time we have for the machine. Unfortunate, but the reality it is.

I must have been quite drowsy or tired yesterday, I fell asleep halfway through my measurements. I was the only one in jacket in that lab. Yes, the thick reversible army jacket. And to make things worse, my PhD who agreed to be around to help me on my first time on this new project, wasn’t around. I was like jabbing in the dark. Eventually, I wasted my 4 hrs there, without conclusion and good results, and left the place a sicker fella. But so far I taken good care of myself, I almost drowned myself in herbal tea and plain water. Have 5 grams of Vitamin C like the dentist recommended, and had tonnes of fruits so far. I tried to sleep early, but ended up flipping in bed. I can see the dark rings forming under my eyes. I am a horrible sight. But I think I am slightly better. Maybe after this post I might be turning in.

Need more rest…

I’ll be fine real soon. I still have a dinner to attend on Friday and a BBQ that I can’t escape on Saturday. After that it’s full fledge project all the way. So well… see how it goes ya? I’m sure everything’s gonna turn out just fine.

Yes I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Of course, any gestures of care and concern are deeply appreciated. Thanks everyone!