Friday, December 31, 2004

Appreciation...

Sort of a continuation from the previous entry... I dunno... just feel like writing it.

Appreciation for...



My Personal Wellbeing

How many times had anyone forgotten, to appreciate one's own personal wellbeing? Times when one is free from sickness. Taking for granted those precious time... and times where you can walk, breathe the air, see the colors, taste the icecream, hold a pen, type a mail... because we still have our health and our physical being.

I appreciate it...



My Warm Bed and Cosy Room

Its easy to forget the comfort that your room and bed gives you every day and night, just because it won't leave in a a split second's time. And forget the warmth your blanket gives on cold nights. The moments where you spent laughing and crying on, of the dreams that you had while sleeping on, of moments of love spent sharing on and of time you spent, just lying on, while time passes by...

I appreciate it...



My Emotions

The ability to feel happiness and sadness, anger and love, confusion, madness... the ability to cry, the ability to laugh, the ability to crap and complain, the ability to hide in a corner, and from the world...

I appreciate it...



Nature

To run in the field in the sun's glory, to stand still in heaven's rain, to splash water on someone you love under the waterfall, to drink the nectar of life from a mountain spring, to wake up to the smell of blossoming roses, walk to school under the beautiful clouds, to walk hand in hand in the evening breeze, to enjoy and lay under the star filled sky, wrapped around her in the morning sun, until the moment of the evening dusk. The magnificent mountains, the gentle streams, the roaring river, and the endless ocean and sea. The silence of night, the cracking of day. The sound of twigs snapping under your feet, while you pop a strawberry into your mouth. The sweetness of honey, and the bitterness of medicine. The lovely Sunflower and the cute Daisy...

I appreciate it...



Food

Ham and egg in the morning, coupled with bread and a hot coffee. Raisin bread, chocolate muffin, tiramisu, cheesecakes. Sweet, sour, bitter, hot, salty... fragrant or bland. A hot bowl of white rice and a can of sardines. A cup of milo and biscuits. A sneaky midnight snack of swiss rolls and tarts.

A day of plain porridge and rice...

Dark Chocolates...

I appreciate it...



Character and personality

Outgoing, fun loving, shy, confident, perseverance, insolence, introvert, crazy, madness, humorous, stressfree, ever laughing, cold, approachable... something we forgetten, that is what's you...

Honesty and Integrity

I appreciate it...



Friends

Ones who love you, ones who hate you. By your side while you cry/laugh/grumble/giggle/pout/fume over, everything and anything. Appear when you need, leaves when you don't. A touch of comfort, a word of wisdom. To egg you on to get the lady's phone number, to whisper words of thrill at a handsome hunk, to scream and hug at one's success, and a shoulder to rest on for the weary soul. An extra fist to punch the enemy, an extra butt to kick while we run, a smart ass to answer your exam queries, and the same to confuse you with incorrect facts! The one to laugh at your stupid jokes, to share a song for the unique moment and the one that will walk with you through the rain and storm.

You'll Never Walk Alone

I appreciate it...



The Special One

Hugs of joy, tears of sadness. The lovely kiss, the nights of love and intimacy. Moments shared under the sun, moon and stars. Running along the beaches and lapping waves. Of piggybacks that I give, of tender loving care...

You guys fill this up for me... I don't have any to talk about for now...



My Siblings

My Sister, who's ever so close to me. Let me use her laptop, treat me to meals, tells me where good food are. Share with me her crazy SMSes, and fight with me over the computer. Puzzles me with her crazy antics and irritate me with 'My friends all say you look like me!'. Gives me pocket money at times, and more spare cash too, in emergencies.

My Brother, a guide and target who I always hope to be, and surpass. A bully who toughens me up, and someone with teaches me the parts of Life. Someone to talk to about work, politics, stocks and family.

Loving me always as their kid brother...

I appreciate it...



My Parents

The people, who I failed to appreciate 90% of my lifetime. I'm not sure if you commit the same mistake too... no matter how much at times I dislike them, their decisions, their actions... they are the ones who brought me up. The one to put the food into my mouth while I was a baby, the ones who hold on to me while I learnt to walk, the ones who look on while I first started school, the ones who laugh when I failed to live up to my 'standards' in PSLE, the ones who objected to my secondary school relationship, the ones who nodded when I got my Os and As. The ones who sent me off to BMT, the ones who see me passing out as a stupid private. The ones who cook for me on my first book out, the ones who visited me on the two family visit days. The ones who beamed with pride at my commissioning parade, the one who had dinner with me after which. The ones who listen to my profanities of my S4, the ones who see me gain 14kg in army. The ones who worked longer just to let me have the education grant, the ones who want me to further my studies after my undergrad Life. The ones who listen to me grumble about my previous relationship, the ones who want to know when I will get a girlfriend again. The ones who wants a car to be driven around, the ones who will be at my convocation.

The ones who I will take care as long as I can, the ones who I will drive around in their later years. The ones who I will respect and love, as far as I can and I hope. The ones who I'll give a filial and doting daughter-in-law, the ones who I'll give grandsons and granddaughters to. The ones who I'll give a shelter to, the ones who I'll take care of...

My Most Beloved Parents...

I most appreciated, and more then ever... forever...



And how about you?