Thursday, October 14, 2004

Wonders..... Dreams.....

I was reminded of dreams just now when i read Ting's blog just now. somehow, she has all the luck to be having dreams of guys giving her cuddles and smooches.... well.... my dreams? the most recent one was having me almost getting killed by someone in broad daylight. I remember his 12-inch blade aiming straight at my stomach. well.... in dreams.... i have particular good reflexes.... i managed to miss that. why.... have i been doing too much evil deeds? i haven't been a bad person.... i get sick all the time, get injured all the time, get bad dreams.... or maybe in my previous life i had been a horrible person. probably.... another dream which has been etched into my mind, happened during my sec sch days. mind u.... its SECONDARY SCHOOL days! imagine how it stayed in my memory.... anyway... it goes this way: i was in my school's technical block. it was the old design school block, where only the 2 ends have the exit staircase. it was at this moment a colorful cobra appeared! it was shiny as well.... reflecting light from it's shimmering green and blue scales... and it talks too! i can't remember what it told me either... but i do remember the running part.... i ran and ran and ran.... somehow that short technical block has become the 21km army half marathon route... (thou i've never ran in it before) when i finally reached the other end, there was ANOTHER cobra! then i was cornered by the 2 cobras.... i had no choice but to jump from the 3rd story..... sounds short huh? the running was LONG! my goodness..... i was perspiring like a waterfall when i woke up.... (yes... i remember this part).... it was pure madness....
And those are dreams.... in the mind.... what about my dreams in life? When i was younger... i thought of becoming a doctor. my bro got 261 2A*, got into rv. my sis got 262 3A*, got into rv. my turn at PSLE, i tot i will get 263 4A*! easily..... ha..... it really turns out to be a huge bubbly DREAM! i got 1A*, for each A* less, you minus 10 points. the maths i'm sure u can figure it out... its my fault... because i didnt really study hard for my PSLE. so there goes my first image of myself being child prodigy. so got into jss. then thought of becoming a soldier. Lucky that one didn't come true.... if not i might have been dipped in water and gone to hell to meet my... ancestors.... so much for being a pride then... well... then my doctor dream came back again for a while, because i managed to get into the triple science class! like winning eleven goes 'Chance, Chance!'... my joy was shortlived.... more then 20 people appealed into the class, and 20 people got kicked out. I was the last person after 3 rounds, with another classmate. My dreams.... shattered. I got into a jc that i would rather forget. not because of the school, more of my 2 years spent there. it was..... as a matter of fact..... just forgettable. thou i have fond memories of my chemistry and physics tutor having so much high hopes for me, despite my physics being a constant F and E... Chemistry hovers around D C and the occasionaly B, so its good. A lv results... i can say i didn't let them down... but all my dreams of being a doctor.... gone..... gone...... gone............ no biology................................................... armed with my A lv results, i attempted to apply for a LSA for the post of AEO(Air Engineering Officer). the minimun requirement was AAB B3 for chinese and GP. *pop* went my plans. plus the other 3 friends together with me, it was a massive *BOOM*! so.... followed all the rest of the usual path... NS...
entered army days 03041999..... spent so happily. had a really fun BMT, because i aint in the scholar batch. was mixing with all the jabalang jc students! hahaha.... it was hilarious at times. i remember the best time, my section crushed some newspaper, tape them up with scotchtape. then we played football in my bunk! hahaha.... end result, someone scored, the ball flew out of the door and down to the fall in area.... Sergeant Oh came out..... 'Platoon 4 fall in!'.... the rest is history..... Whiskey 4 Section 3 Bed 6! next up came my infantry training... huff and puff through most of it..... learnt all the weapons, demolition, mines, drills....(maybe take out the mines, all i knew was the claymore!) went to taiwan and brunei. got to know those heros which i mentioned, and got finally got posted to GSMB. back then the whole world dunno what GSMB is. Everyone thought its general supply and maintenance base. since i was going there for a logistical post, everyone wants to keep contact with me, so they can change their SBOs, boots, uniforms... etc etc. whatever is kit-exchangable, you name it... but heaven decreed that i be relieved of such hassle, as i was reassigned by my S1 to the MTline to do other paperwork. ha.... that's where people start disappearing.... scared i will be bringing the stack of paperwork to borrow vehicles from them! ha...... no of course not..... they are all busy with their work. where are they gonna find the time to entertain me? GSMB is a great place, as far as not considering my S4. the level below is all great.... the MTline people are great, QM side too. i got my first injury of my life in GSMB....(oh.... GSMB is General Support and Maintenance Battalion) my extensively damaged my right ankle ligaments. was out of action for nine months (which i mean no soccer....) ever since then, my ankle hurts whenever i run. and in camp i can't run because i am forever on excused running. getting caught by anyone is gonna be heavy duty arrows! so i got pretty plump back then. praise the efforts of Ayer Rajah Camp chicken wings! put KFC to SHAME! 70c for a crispy, fried to perfection, wing! and not forgetting the hotdog bread, tuna bread, 3 wings mee soup, $2 nasi lemak! now i'm hungry..... woooo........... i gained 14kgs in army... from a 65kg to 79kg when i ORDed. goodness..... but now i'm back to ~70kg, kinda light actually. hahaha.... fresh from army, thrust into the world of being an undergrad. Hell.......... is cooler then NTU. its a freaking HOT place.... like being thrown into a pot of blistering knife brand cooking oil! I survived mostly... after some real hard work. Had a gal.... but broke up.... now i really wanna say i was really an arse.... for not giving it another chance. she hates me now... i know it. i've seen what she written about me... but i have nothing against her for feeling that. Because..... I broke her Heart...... anyway.... that's a part of life.... my life. Year 2 was better, know a brand new bunch of friends due to EID. it was fun too, comms skill got to know more friends. There were ups and downs, but i went through them like everyone else. Its never plain sailing, if it is... Life is never an adventure! third year was hell... and so i thought at that time. it was my hardest time in NTU, school work or private life. i got sick during my exams, all morale down and going through a tough patch. my friends said i look like a sick terrorist.... so different i look.... i might have been caught by ISD and be suspected as a JI member. Will always remember the state i was in for the very last paper.... nose running like the road runner, my head spinning, heart aching. my tissue paper ran out on the 45min mark. it was disaster..... how i look like.... u can imagine.... but i got my fresh breath of air after another 75min. I breathed in so hard.... my lungs almost choked with the mucus my nose is churning out (yukes you say? hahhahaha)... year 3 in NTU is over! IA..... boring...... boring....... boring................................ Back to year 4... story to be continued....

so the point is.... what's my dream now? my dream? dream......... i'm still wondering..........