Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thinking of good old days....

Just before i sit down to do my tutorial for today, i starting to think of my days in the army. I loved my army days (that doesnt mean i was a slacker throughout...) that's a photo that was taken like 4 years ago? ya.... think it was july or august 2000. On some logistic course.... its in seletar camp. this particular day we were on a logistic topo exercise, which means... hahaha... we topo around in a landrover. pretty relaxing huh? well... the tough part of that course is, LOTSA exams! yucks.... anyway.... back to remembering army days. I love the days when you get to hang around with a good bunch of chums in the bunk (yes... bunk, not hall or room). of cos... that doesnt mean i am freaking gay or something. its just that you always have a great bunch of people to be with, talk to anytime, braving the winds and storms together, charge up the same hill, dig trench in the same hole, bash through the same thick forest. those were training days. i always remember the good things, like once i was trying to carry bangwen with this fireman's lift.... i cant even move a step. then i was digging trench with him once on one of the exercise, he keep disappearing, leaving me to dig on my own. after we ORD then he tell me he was tuanging... somewhere... damn... or times where terence just come into my bunk, lie on my bed, and start eating my pringles. ah yes... i'm going to say the same person, bangwen coming into my room to take my maggie mee.... back then i was like a mahmah shop. my book in bag was 3/4 filled with food always. and.... 3/4 of these food will be consumed by terence and bangwen. but well... we are all good pals... its always good to see each other being happy. another great moment i remember must be the exercise in taiwan. was real tiring, walking the whole nite away through hills and valleys. in the end its great to attack up that objective. but well... ended up a casualty cos that instructor thought i was a runner. it was a shame, but also due to that reason i had a great view from the top of the hill. and back to the bunk, where we shared so much great times hanging around eating maggie mee, drinking milo, and chatting at night over the hard day's work.... i wonder if many people think like me. these days when i see terence i would always tell my other pals that he is 'the guy who always eat my pringles w/o asking'. and he would stage a mini protest. always a great pal.... with his... how to describe, 'oh well-ness' i wonder if those days will ever be repeated in the future days to come. i'm sure it won't. will there ever be another chance that i be reunited with this bunch of fantastic fellas, and be cleaning out m16, saw, m203, 84, and my best fren who just can't get enuf of me, the GPMG with our wide range of cleaning apparatus (WD40, thinner, oil)? or chasing the same bunch of pple for my platoon equipments? or cleaning the same toilet? nope... its just in that short period of time that we spent together....
Would like to just list the guys (B2) that spent so much great time together,
Bangwen (the big man), Terence(the leech), Choon Hao(the runner), Xuanbin(tok cock king 2), Michael(tok cock king 1, biscuit king's grandson), Vern(magma dude), Kai De(old CK underpants), Emak(our small size philipino), Kim Jui (his name more difficult to spell lar, mr siao-on, converted by section 2 to more relac), Jeffery(si lan hehhehheh, platoon tops), Adrian(armskote leader! king of the guns!), Ashiq(mr X-rated, terence knows more about this....), Ronald(hhaha..... any words to describe him would be a crime!)....
the Heros of Bravo Two!



My favorite pic from army times(after sent to unit)
From Left: Lester, Steven? (opps... forgot his name!), Gong Kia Luxy, Eddie