Monday, September 25, 2006

Surrealism - As Time Flies (Part I)

Golden brown....

That's how the lane looks right now. Covered with fallen leaves lining along the roads. I sat on the bench, taking in the autumn sight as they etch their way into my memories. I've sat here thirteen years ago, same time, same place, same bench and the same old me. Time flies...

Real fast...

I was twelve when I first sat here. The moment when I caught the first leaf falling from the branches. I remember my sister telling me that I could make a wish when I did that. Somehow, it didn't work out that well. I had hoped to be the top in my class. Well... we all believe in fairy tales and magical wishes when we were young. I don't think I studied hard enough that year. I was way off the mark. Hahaha... youth and innocence. I had my first lesson of life that year...

Everyone has to work hard for a goal.

The next year, I sat here with a good friend of mine. He had been my first friend in a new school. Close as we were, now we are miles apart. Maybe even further... I remember running across the park, crashing into a pram while I was looking back to check if he had caught up. I remember the bruise, the teenage bravado of trying not to cry. Ha... the age of transistion... I remember his laughter which cracked me up too. The growing up phase... and now he is gone. To another world...

My friend had passed away.

I missed the fourteenth year, reason I can't remember. Rain? I ain't too sure about that. I remember vaguely I was there on the fifteenth. I sat there looking blankly into the horizon. I had just broken off with my first girlfriend. First love... people say it is the one that hurts the most, and the longest. Somehow it didn't happen to me. It was swift and leave little. I was in fact relieved. It was such a choke... I suppose it was hard to contain and restrain me by a relationship..

I still happen to be the same, even till this day...

On the sixteenth year, I remember trying to study in the park for my exams. It is kind of stupid if you think back now. With all the wind and people walking around, how can one ever concentrate. Of course, I remember trying to pick a few pieces of notes from the nearby pond. The work of jack russell that trampled, bit and run off with my notes. He(male) managed to jump into the pond with my notes...

I still managed to pass that subject... and got an A.

(End of Part I)